Labor & Employment Law
Your Business Protection Solution
Michelson, Kane, Royster & Barger P.C. offers public and private employers experienced and cost-effective representation across a wide spectrum of labor and employment-related legal matters. When you work with us, you benefit from our multidisciplinary background in both traditional labor matters and employment litigation.
Areas of focus include:
- Preventative Law: We counsel you on on a variety of day-to-day labor and employment matters, such as the review, drafting, and administration of personnel policies, investigation of and response to complaints of harassment and discrimination, the discipline and discharge of employees, and managing leaves of absence.
- Litigation: We will appear in state and federal court and before administrative agencies to defend you against claims of discrimination, wrongful and retaliatory discharge, and many other types of claims.
- Collective Bargaining and Grievance Arbitration: We have bargained on behalf of public and private employers with bargaining units ranging from a few to several hundred members. We have also arbitrated grievances involving discipline and discharge, work assignments, overtime, seniority, work rules, and language interpretation.
- Organizational Activity: We have represented clients at all phases of the organization process, including union avoidance.
- Unfair Labor Practices: We draft campaign materials and provide supervisor training on the subject of unfair labor practices as well as represent clients before the National Labor Relations Board.
We recently conducted a successful campaign in response to an organization drive involving the Teamsters, and in the process resolved several unfair labor practices related to the organizational drive. Michelson, Kane, Royster & Barger P.C. is also currently representing clients in state and federal court as well as before the EEOC and CHRO in claims alleging wrongful discharge and discrimination under the American with Disabilities Act, Title VII, and corresponding state laws.
By counseling you before employment decisions are made, we contribute to your success by ensuring legal compliance. To schedule a consultation to discuss your needs and concerns as an employer, please contact us today.